- Teams review websites on multipurpose arenas to gain design ideas.
- Teams decide on the second sport that they will include in their arena design.
- Teams begin a rough design sketch showing the dimensions of the parcel and the dimensions of the fields/playing space for the two sports they have chosen.
- If time permits, teams share rough ideas using the or Visible Thinking Routines.
- Teams may assign roles (e.g. experts in web research) or divide up tasks (e.g. or research into dimensions of fields/playing areas).
Tips and Tools
Teams should be able to use basics of, including geo-mapping. Depending on resources, teams may also use other formats, such as hand-built models or drawings.
Teams should save all work.
Have students enter their observations (what they learned, what they need to learn, etc) in their.