- Begin the day with a short, teacher-prepared quiz on key terms or concepts. You can build a quiz for terms and definitions using .
- Introduce angles using this . This is an overview of angles. (10 minutes)
- Discuss angles in the real world. Follow with
This video has many examples of real-world uses of geometry. (5 minutes)
- Practice naming images and preimages by having students match corresponding points, lines, and angles.
- Teams brainstorm three bullet points for a message that markets points, sides, and angles to teens.
Tips and Tools
As much as practical, intersperse videos and instruction with team discussions rather than whole class discussion.
Have students complete.