- Each student chooses a final product.
- Group students by product type and form cohorts. Create cohorts of 3 to 5 students. Explain the purpose of cohorts: To provide support and feedback during a process of learning. Cite examples of cohorts in school and the workplace.
- Have teams review and discuss the .
- Design an initial task for the cohorts. Each student in the cohort should present a draft idea for his or her product. Cohort members should respond using a simple protocol using I like, I wonder, and I suggest. Have cohorts review their process at the end of the period. Were they effective and did they listen to one another?
- Plan for resources. Students should create a list of materials or resources they will need for creating the product. This is due on Quiz Day.
Tips and Tools
If necessary, use the team-building resources in the Resources section to establish effective working teams. Suggested:
Share the initial brainstorm on the Driving Question using(link takes you to an explanation of a Gallery Walk) or (a site where you can add anything to your blank “wall”).
Have students enter their observations (what they learned, what they need to learn, etc) in their.