- Introduce the rationale for teamwork. This is a 21st century skill essential in the workplace.
- Assign or create teams of 3 to 5 students.
- Have teams review and discuss the .
- Initial task for teams. Have the teams brainstorm ideas on answering the Driving Question. Have them share their ideas with one other team.
- Finish with discussion. What good ideas surfaced? How did each group work together as a team?
Tips and Tools
If necessary, use the team-building resources in Resources section to establish effective working teams. Suggested:
Share the initial brainstorm on the Driving Question using(link takes you to an explanation of a Gallery Walk) or (a site where you can add anything to your blank “wall”).
Teams should establish a task list using the. This document can be filled out by hand, but will be modified as the project proceeds.
Start Daily Learning Logs foror . If the logs will be graded, announce grading standards and expectations.
Have students enter their observations (what they learned, what they need to learn, etc) in their.