- Begin the day with a quiz on key probability concepts.
- Form research teams. Teams should be between two and five students.
- Outline the research task and the requirements for the public service message that the team will create. Teams should be able to identify key statistics in their area of research, and organize their data using tree diagrams, frequency tables, or other forms. They should be able to explain how these statistics apply to life choices for teens or young adults. They should also be able to explain how these events are determined by compound probability. What events influence the outcome?
- Have each team complete the
Begin initial research.
Identify key statistics.
Create artifacts for the marketing message.
Create a marketing message and form of media.
Design and prepare the presentation. that takes them through the next five days until the day of presentations. Milestones include:
- Begin research. Have each team draft a research plan for teacher review. The plan can be submitted at end of period or due the next day. The research plan should include their specific Driving Question for their topic.
Tips and Tools
Explain teamwork requirements and review the.
Have students enter their observations (what they learned, what they need to learn, etc) in their. Why did they choose their topic? What makes them curious about this topic?