- Introduce the rationale for teamwork: This is a 21st century skill essential in the workplace.
- Assign or create teams of 3 to 5 students.
- Have teams review and discuss the .
- Offer students a list of sports, such as basketball, baseball, soccer, football, or MotoCross, for their focus. List additional sports or activities that could be included in a multipurpose arena, based on their interests or on activities popular in the community.
- Once the list is complete, assign students to teams if the interests divide easily into teams of 3 to 5. If too many students focus on one topic or sport, ask them to compete for a spot on their team of choice by preparing a one-minute persuasive presentation for the next day.
Tips and Tools
Use an online tool for vocabulary building such as . You can also have students download to a smart phone or tablet to build on the key terms and vocabulary.