- Explain positive rotation and negative rotation.
- Introduce key terms: Center of a polygon, Rotation
- Have students practice rotating a triangle around a point using or . Both are tools for use with geometry.
- Have students practice rotating objects in a coordinate plane.
- Have students practice rotations using this from Curriki.
- Teams brainstorm three bullet points for a message that markets rotations to teens.
Tips and Tools
Highlight Mathematical Practices 1, Use appropriate tools strategically, on the.
Provide examples of rotations.
See thison rotations for ideas on designing the next two lessons.
Have students complete.