1. Introduce five theorems:
- Same-side interior angles
- Same-side exterior angles
- Alternate interior angles
- Alternate exterior angles
- Corresponding angles
Students will learn to construct congruent segments and angles, a perpendicular bisector and an angle bisector. Topics include:
- Properties of Parallel Lines
- Slopes of Parallel and Perpendicular Lines
2. Allow students independent research time or require research for homework. Each team member should explore three sources for their topic. Have students prepare a list of key facts or observations that they can share with the team.
Tips and Tools
Regard this day as a first milestone for checking on team effectiveness. If teams are not productive or are stuck, take time to discuss or intervene.
Focus on Mathematical Practice 1, Make sense of problems and persevere in solving them and Mathematical Practice 6, Attend to precision.