- Provide examples of transformation. (Trees through season, flip or rotate dominoes, etc.)
- Provide examples of . (Isometries: Preimage to image)
- Have students view transformations. (Rotation, Reflection, Translation) This is from the Math Is Fun website. Students can manipulate the transformations on the screen.
- Introduce the and highlight how the eight practices will apply during the project.
- Prepare a short quiz on key terms or concepts to be given on Day 5. You may choose to use ] Khan Academy assessment on points, lines, and planes.
Tips and Tools
Use an online tool for vocabulary building such as. You can also have students download to a smart phone or tablet to build on the key terms and vocabulary.
Highlight Mathematical Practice 7, Look for and Make Use of Structure, on the. Can students begin to discern patterns and structures around them?