- Introduce the rationale for teamwork: This is a 21st century skill essential in the workplace.
- Reserve time for one-minute presentations if necessary. Create final teams of 3 to 5 students.
- Have teams review and discuss the .
- Design an initial task for the teams. Have the teams read and review this outlining the three phases of design: Predesign; Preliminary Design; and Final Drawings. Teams should establish a task list using the Project Milestones form [link]. This document can be filled out by hand, but will be modified as the project proceeds.
- Have teams share their milestones with one other team.
- Finish with discussion. What good ideas surfaced? How did we work together as a team?.
Tips and Tools
If necessary, use the team-building resources in the Resources section to establish effective working teams. Suggested:
Share the initial brainstorm on the Driving Question using(link takes you to an explanation of a Gallery Walk) or (a site where you can add anything to your blank “wall”).
Start Daily Learning Logs foror . If the logs will be graded, announce grading standards and expectations.