Share and Evaluate Artwork
- Explain the peer evaluation system and criteria. Collect evaluations after groups complete the first step of the evaluation exercise.
- The second phase is more objective. It may be used as an assessment tool or as a discussion tool.
Tips and Tools
The evaluation proceeds in three steps:
- Form new groups of three, with students (A), (B), and (C). (A) presents artwork to (B) and (C). (B) explains the triangles in the artwork to (C) while (A) listens. (A) responds and marks rubric. Continue until each student has completed a round.
- (A) states criteria for judging his or her artwork. (B) and (C) listen and respond. Continue until each student has completed a round.
- Each student writes an individual response to discussion using the prompt: Did my artwork meet the criteria for beautiful?